Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Typing Test Addict

Hello, my name is MissNikkiAnn, and I am a typing addict, doing it for the heck of it.  It is a passion.  Has been since I got my first "typewriter" in 5th grade in the early 1980s.

missnikkiann's typing test WPM

I type every single day.  And if I did not, I do not think that I would be as calm and sane as I am.  My fingers hit the keys with a force that feels as if I am releasing a great burden.  But even if I could not type for lack of proper equipment, I would be just as passionate about and drawn to taking pencil or pen to paper every single day (I've been there and done that, too.).  

So, yeah, the issue is really about the words.  And it has nothing to do with the writing being sensible; I am just as happy typing/writing a single word over and over again (I do that a lot) or typing/writing out my favorite quotes and song lyrics.

And if I had not a single, external physical tool, I would write in my mind (as I often do and always have done).

So, yeah, it's about expression.  And no matter what shape or form it takes, we all have our ways of doing it.

Me...I like to type.

~MissNikkiAnn, typing enthusiast