Friday, June 29, 2007

Oh, Crap! I've been tagged for a meme...

I've had this blog for a while and seemed to have escaped being tagged, up until today (Jeez, Thanks Craig!) So, for the first time in my blogging history, here are my random facts (Craig says I need 8).

1. When I'm working (no jokes Peanut or Paul!) I carry peanut butter and jelly to work almost everyday and never grow tired of it! Neva!

2. I eat homemade oatmeal (sometimes Irish steel cut) EVERY morning (with a few exceptions). My favorite is cooking it slow with a dash of salt, butter, grade-A-dark-amber maple syrup, brown sugar, raisins, and sunflower seeds.

3. I cook 30-minute oatmeal for about an hour and 5-minute oatmeal for about 15 minutes.

4. Before I was a mom, I'd sometimes hit the sack at 6 PM! I loved to cuddle up early and read books until falling asleep.

5. Before motherhood, I bitched about not having enough time to write (go figure), now I write more than I ever did when I had the time.

6. I only allow myself to look into the mirror once a day (twice if I'm going out at night), and that's first thing in the morning. After that, Lawd only knows what's stuck to my face or up my nose. I had a childhood friend who was so obsessed with mirrors, she'd borrow people's hand mirrors during class and then retreat to the bathroom in between classes to look at herself. Something about her insecurities helped to build my self-esteem, and I decided that all of that just wasn't worth it; I refused to sit there and overly critique the looks that God had given me--they are what they are and that's that.

7. There was a night when I had 15 shots of rum. Seriously. Now I barely drink (breastfeeding can cure you of it!), and when I do, I complain if folks are trying to get me to have a second round. Man, I'm a wimp now!

8. More and more I realize that I am more like my dad than I like to admit. Crap!

Bonus: 9. My dad works out of state a lot, and mom and I are so excited when he goes (it's the whole girls being tidier in the bathroom and kitchen issue/stereotype). But honestly, I do enjoy him when he returns home after months of being away--but I won't let him know that!

Now, I know I'm supposed to tag someone else, but I'd feel just awful doing that! (did u see how i just wore an insecurity on my sleeve, not wanting to bother anybody by tagging them!) At least I faced part of my "meme/tagging" fears by posting my own.

That's it.

I'm out!

Miss Nikki Ann (who'll face the second part of her fear later own, cause Lawd knows, what we avoid always comes back at us...)

Um, I'm really into this whole Lawd thing right now.

Ciao!