Saturday, February 24, 2007

My Truth

I'm sitting back in a corner, trying not to be seen. To be seen would mean having to be who I came here to be. It would mean facing the world. Facing parts of the world that aren't as kind, open, and understanding as I'd like them to be--I'm trying not to be seen out of fear. There are times when I come out of the corner, toss fear to the side, and live up to my potential. Then there are times, like now, when I contemplate moving into this corner for good. Setting up shop, decorating, and never leaving. Whatever I decide, things keep moving. And even in my quiet corner, change takes place--even if I try not to notice. While I still have breath, there is only one option: To Live. Whether it be in a corner or in my truth, there is only one option. To Live.

Miss Nikki Ann