Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Easter!

And so today is Resurrection Sunday. Today Isom and I honored Jesus by rising at 5:30 a.m. No, we didn't go to the 6 a.m. Sunrise Service. Instead we went to Elizabeth Park at 6:30 a.m. and took in God's wonderful sites. The park has two sides; Isom rode through the first side in his new push buggy (part of his Easter gift) as I marveled at the ducks and informed him: "See, Isom, now that's God!" After I'd stepped into some doggie poop, we placed the buggy back into the car and drove to the other side of the park. There we marveled at the Hartford skyline. I then placed him on my shoulders and did two laps around the track as he lay his head on the top of mine and took a nap. Later we attended 11 a.m. service, Reverend Dion preached a wonderful sermon. After church we visited some folks and then headed home to be with family. Isom paid no attention to the beautiful, if I might say so myself, Easter basket I'd made for him. And when he went to find his money-filled, plastic Easter bunny egg for his mini-egg hunt, he was more excited about his grandfather's chive plant that the egg was hidden in. I am happy to say that the money will go to pay for his summer swimming class. I hope you all had a wonderful Easter/Holy Week/Passover...

To view pictures of Isom's first Easter click here: http://photos.yahoo.com/nikkifulse and then choose the Isom's First Easter album.