Thursday, March 09, 2006

Setback

Today I had a setback, but they say that a setback is a setup for a comeback. I let my anger get the best of me, and after my outburst, I walked myself through the FREEDOM steps, and I'm feeling much better. At my last appointment Kathy said that I'll still have challenges, and boy did I have one today. But there was a difference. If I didn't have access to the tools that Kathy had given me, I'd still be festering in my anger and rage. Not this time, I was equipped and ready. No it wasn't smooth sailing, but I did sail, and I can go on with my day without it affecting the rest of my week and causing me ill mental health and stress. My dear friend Tasha was witness to the situation, as I was on the phone with her when it happened.

Someone once said that the worse thing you can do is allow a setback to define your total being. Meaning, something bad happens and you live in that space until it hinders you from growing--you allow it to chain you to your past. This is life. Stuff will happen. But the sooner you can move beyond the past, the sooner you can embrace what's ahead. What happened years ago or seconds ago does not have to dictate where your life is headed. Choose a new direction. Choose a new action. Choose a new thought. Choose to be different. Choose to let go so that you can become your "highest" self.

I'm trying to choose, please feel free to join me.