Thursday, February 02, 2006

Just Thinking

I know this is my second post, but I just felt like reaching out to you guys.

Mom and I just got back from bringing my father a jack and some other tools to put a tire on the truck. He'd been stranded since 6:30 am. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out why he didn't call AAA. Anywho, the tire is changed, and he should be at work. I'm a little upset because Mom had planned on making me a pancake breakfast, and I had to settle for Dunkin' Donuts, instead. Man, doesn't my life suck!? Ha ha!

Anywho, I've been thinking about one of my favorite movies. It's called "Kama Sutra," and the last lines of that movie are very moving. It goes like this:

Knowing love, I will allow all things to come and go
To be as supple as the wind
And take everything that comes with great courage
Life is right in any case
My heart is as open as the sky

Here's my rambling blurb on what this means to me:

We should be prepared for anything that life brings. Because, like love, life has its ebbs and flows. One minute you have it all and the next minute it's gone. But no matter what, everything will be okay. Life will continue on, and the sun will still rise. Don't expect everything thing to be perfect. Just expect that life will and does happen. Don't waste time seeing things as negative or positive. See it all as just another experience. The good can turn to into bad and the bad into good. So, don't put limits on things. Do your best, and every outcome will be as it is supposed to be.

A few years ago, a dear friend of mine called with a deep question. She'd been conversing with another one of our friends about the word "judgment." She wanted me to explain to her what it really means to judge someone or something.

I explained to her that when you judge someone/something, you take its power away. You have condemned it to be one thing, and one thing only. You don't leave any room for that thing to change or be something else--or many things at once.

Example: Saying that someone is a "nice" person.

Seems simple, right? But, that person is more than that one vague thing. What if that person is also mean or lazy? And what if that person hates the fact that they're nice, and decide down the line to change that about themselves?

All of this sounds all little crazy, right? Well, living without judging things is really hard. It seems to be our natural tendency to want to place labels on things. Ultimately, the point is to be careful with your thoughts and your words. Choose them wisely.

In the history of mankind, there have probably only been a few masters who have been able to live without judging. But the least we can do, is give it our best shot. That in itself will make a world of a difference.

Last note:

This morning on the news there was a story about a guy who robbed a store for 3 packs of cigarettes.


And I can't flippin' believe it!

Enough said.