Saturday, January 14, 2006

*Sigh* Another Indecisive Nikki Ann Move

I've decided to try this "blogging" thing. I thought about how much work I'd have to put into that website, and I realized that blogging is probably a better time saver. Not that I've fully given up on the website AND not that I'll EVER do anymore updates to that website... I mean, a girl has to keep her options open. I mean, it doesn't have to be one thing or the other. We need to mix it up a little...diversify.

It's Saturday, January 14th and I'm in D.C. with the baby, my brother and Thembi. Today I tried on my bridesmaid dress, and I must say, I think it's breathtaking--thank God she has good taste! After the seamstress fitted me, I stood in the mirror and stared at myself. The seamstress asked if I wanted to play around in the dress for a minute, and I took her up on the offer. She and Thembi left the room to do something, and I stood in front of the mirror on this cute pedestal.

I pretended to be a princess awaiting her prince: Sir Hancelot asked me to dance, I elongated my neck and accepted, and we performed the most graceful waltz.

I played and acted out this role as if I were a child. It was a simple and magical moment, and I felt so beautiful in that gown.

I'd thought about it, and since having Isom, I haven't set aside much time to play, and it's hard to feel beautiful with an 8-month-old tugging at your boobs (was that too much info? LOL). Before the baby, I used to perform and dance in front of the mirror all the time.

In my childhood, LuCiana, Mecha, Claudine, Nicole, and I spent hours and days making up choreographed pieces to Michael Jackson, Prince, and New Edition songs. To this day, I can still remember most of those moves. Man, we played our little suburban hearts out.

And then there were the times when Preston would entertain me by performing the latest rap songs in front of the mirror as he brushed his waves in preparation for a school dance. I always admired him, and I longed to be a fly on the wall to watch him strut his moves for his classmates.

*Nikki sighs.**

Hmmmm. I think I'll schedule more fun time for myself. Time to pretend and dream. And maybe one day, when Isom is older, I can watch him, KJ, and Zoey perform the latest songs. Boy, I can't wait.