Friday, February 17, 2012

The Misadventure of MNA: I Hate Hospitals


I spend way too much time at hospitals and doctor appointments.  Tuesday through Friday are designated hospital and doctor days.  Thursdays I am in the hospital all day.  Tuesdays are ALWAYS double-booked with doctor appointments; and so are half of my Wednesdays.  So imagine my horror yesterday when I was in the hospital for my weekly infusion, only to wake from a wee nap to find out that I was being carted over to the emergency room. 

From what I understand, my nurse got nervous after having given me a big gallon enema that NEVER came out.  I am used to enemas entering into the land of no return; I'd told my doctors and nurses about how, when I do them at home, they NEVER come out, and that if the do, it'll be 24-hours later.  I guessed no one believed me...so they panicked when witnessing it happen.

In the emergency room, I was given another bottle of magnesium citrate (cause I'd already had my two helpings of Miralax that morning, and my other helping of an entire bottle of magnesium citrate the day before. I've been alternating the two laxatives for two weeks without relief.) and another gallon enema.  Guess what?  No shit.  And by this point I'm getting sicker and sicker because I was in need of the infusion that had ended abruptly.

Two doctors wanted me admitted.  Another doctor was a straight ass.  Guess who got to assume power over the situation?  The ass.

I will say no more.

"Be good.

Be patient.

Be in the moment.

Don't Be An Ass."

Cordially,

MissNikkiAnn

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4