Friday, October 07, 2011

Occupy Hartford March 10072011 @OccupyHartford


I am exhausted.  It ain't easy having a chronic illness (Dysautonomia) and trying to keep up with history in the making.  Sir (my Occupy Hartford people know his real name) and I are just returning home.  I can honestly say that today's march was one of the most memorable days of my life.  When Sir and I arrived, we were greeted by old faces and brand new ones, many brand new ones.  The effort is growing.  And though those within the group may get frustrated and tired, they're work is touching many people, causing them to alter their schedules just to be a part of this movement toward impending change.

It's late, and I need some rest.  For now I am just going to post some pictures from the march.  Just know that as I am typing this, there are many fellow Nutmeggers who will be occupying Turning Point Park (corner of Broad and Farmington) through the night.  And if my health would permit it, I'd be there with them, just as I told the reporter from News Channel 8 (yeah, finally gained some mass media attention).


You're never too young.


Sir being interviewed by a young (very young) protester.  She asked him: "Why are you here?"


Po-po (police) on bikes.


Lots of mothers with babies and children participated.


Speaks for the cause.


Equipment for overnight occupation.


"Bosses Beware!  When We Are Screwed We Multiply"





News Channel 8's (abc) night arrival.


And into the night...


Please note that due to my disability, I was unable to take photographs during the actually march, it's impossible to push a walker with two hands and hold a camera.  So please search the internet for pictures of the march through downtown, I was blown away by how long the marching lineup was--remarkable.

"Be good.
Be patient--but not too patient.
Be in the moment of not being too patient.
There is a season for action.
If you are even partially capable, be there for that season."

~MissNikkiAnn, disabled but marching when possible
(and inspired by the elderly woman with a cane who marched right behind me)

*unedited post