Monday, July 30, 2007

I Don't Know Nothin'

Numbers aren't my thing; unless we're talking about percentages, that's my thing. Science isn't my thing, world history isn't my thing, sports aren't my thing, boating isn't my thing, cooking isn't my thing, rock climbing isn't thing, engineering isn't my thing, talking on the phone isn't my thing, being bold isn't my thing, not giving a damn isn't my thing, geology isn't my thing, cars aren't my thing, staining wood isn't my thing, being around large crowds of people isn't my thing, baking isn't my thing, retaining lots of random facts isn't my thing, ESPN isn't my thing, bungee jumping isn't my thing, giving directions isn't my thing, being present at every function isn't my thing, going to church every Sunday isn't my thing, politicking isn't my thing, measuring stuff isn't my thing, recording goals isn't my thing, keeping a calendar isn't my thing, wearing a watch isn't my thing...

The phone rings.

Miss Nikki Ann answers (yes, this is an unusual thing).

"Nikki, could you tell me why such-in-such is happening?"

"Do you want the truth or do you just want to vent?"

"I want the truth."

"Okay, here goes..."

Now, that's my thing. Call it what you may or don't call it at all; it's just my thing.

What's yours?