Sunday, June 10, 2007

Baby Pics on the Net: Public or Private? : Dory Devlin : Yahoo! Tech

Just a little something for you to ponder. Sometimes I do post pictures of Sir, but I try to remember NOT to include his real name with any pictures or in any of my blog posts (especially since he has unique first, last, and middle names that can be easily found with a search engine). I've also been trying to practice this when it comes to mentioning friends and family members (referring to my brother as "Peanut," my sister-in-law as Tee Tee, calling my neighbors "Neighbor" or "Man Up The Street," and so forth). But sometimes I may slip and put in the real name by mistake. Hey, I think we all try our best, but unfortunately, as a Lieutenant told me at a recent Police Department meeting: "When it's your day to be the victim, it's just your day. There's only so much you can do about it." It's sad, but it's a truth that prevails.

Baby Pics on the Net: Public or Private? : Dory Devlin : Yahoo! Tech