Tuesday, December 05, 2006

My Artist Space

As of 7 a.m. this morning, I have officially finished editing my novel! Wooo! And I had to stop for a minute and savor the moment. This process has gone on for years and I didn't want to underappreciate it. When I first wrote this book, I was a childless woman. I didn't have a job and I spent an entire month just typing away, bitching about the life as a writer. Boy, if I only knew then what I know now. But life is much richer and fuller for me today. And because of everything that has transpired over the years, I believe the rewrite of my book is better than its original version, the book has grown as much as I have.

And so, right now, I pause..............Sir is upstairs running around, mom is yelling at him, Thembi's computer is humming, the heater is humming, a school bus is passing by outside...I'm in the moment. For in this moment, I realize all that my life has become and all that I still have to look forward to. And not just the things that we think are easy and good, I'm also looking forward to the more complicated and frustrated things about life.

But, for now, I have evolved into who and what I am in this moment. And right now, I am enough. And right now, I am proud of myself. A completed novel. Thank you God...

~Miss Nikki Ann