Monday, February 27, 2006

Sleep Deprivation

Just wanted to let you guys know that I'm here. I'm going to bed early--trying to work on this "sleep deprivation" problem.

Um, sometimes I enjoy using words that I am not fully clear about in meaning. I took the time to look up "sleep deprivation" and the definition is the condition of being robbed of sleep, in real life or in experiment, as opposed to being unable to sleep.

Wow! Robbed of sleep! So I had chosen the correct term. I have been robbed of sleep for 18 months. Eighteen months! I was sick my entire pregnancy, so I couldn't sleep well, and Isom is 9 months old, and I haven't slept a full night since his birth. ROBBED!

But now it's time. It's time for this first-time mom to regain her sleep. It's time to enter into Snooze Land, a place where dreams happen and sanity returns. I am officially moving Isom into his bedroom. *sigh* Actually he's in there now, crying and screeching to the top of his lungs. I hated to see the little fella go, but it was a must--we didn't paint and stencil his room for nothin'!

So I'm leaving you now, just as I left him. Sweet dreams to you all.

Besos y abrazos!